Thursday 28 April 2011

Raspberry macaroon tarts

I have this thing lately, raspberry and chocolate together. I can't seem to get enough, one week it was "brownies", the next "white chocolate and raspberry muffins" and one thing I think my gorgeous family is glad I've moved on from, is raspberry and white chocolate friands!! They were made on a regular basis and I don't blame my lot for the groan I get if I mention them.

I found another recipe....yes it is raspberry and chocolate....but in a macaroon tart. It was just jumping out of the Donna Hay - Off the Shelf  book wanting me to make it, so of course I had to give it a go. If you like the crunch of coconut and the flavour of chocolate and raspberries this one is a winner.

I did have a little difficultly in removing my tarts, but that was because I didn't read the recipe properly (yes B I do stuff up....occasionally!) They were supposed to be in tins with removeable bases, but I jumped the gun and put them in this great tart tin I have, thinking it would be ok. So the pictures I have aren't very pretty but the taste.....I can't repeat the words Mr M used to describe them when he first took a bite but can tell you when he first layed eyes on them he did say "did something happen to them" thanks Mr M for the vote of confidence!!

I will most definitely try these little babies again but in my tart tins with the removeable bases.


You will need (page 155 Donna Hay - off the shelf - cooking from the pantry)
3 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups desiccated coconut
filling
1/2 cup cream
125g dark chocolate, chopped
2 eggs
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons self-raising flour, sifted
200g raspberries

Preheat oven to 140 degrees(280F). Combine the egg whites, sugar and coconut to make the macaroon mixture and divide between 6 x 8 cm well-oiled tart tins with removable bases. Press firmly over the base and sides. Bake for 25-30minutes or until the macaroon is firm.


To make the filling, place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Set aside. Place the eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy. Fold through the flour and chocolate mixture.


Spoon the mixture into the macaroon shells and top with the raspberries. Bake at 160 degrees (325F) for 25 minutes or until the filling is just firm. Cool in the tins.

You can use unthawed frozen raspberries to top the tarts if you prefer.


Yum! M x

No comments:

Post a Comment